Dyson Racing: The Private Collection will showcase the expanse of Rob Dyson’s racing career and personal automotive collection
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. (July 1, 2020) – The Saratoga Automobile Museum will reopen to the public under New York Forward Phase Four guidelines on Monday, July 6 beginning at 10 a.m. The Museum’s reopening brings a new exhibit entitled Dyson Racing | The Private Collection.
The exhibit will run through Sunday, Nov. 1 and showcases cars that were part of the history and legacy of the Poughkeepsie racing outfit and its owner, Rob Dyson. Visitors will have a rare glimpse into the growing collection of historic Indy race cars and other vintage automobiles owned by Rob Dyson.
A main draw for Museum visitors will be the Dyson Racing 1984 Porsche 962, chassis 101. This Lime Rock Park winning car has a unique history, as it was the first private race team 962 made available from Porsche. This Porsche 962-101 won the IMSA Award for the ‘Most Historically Significant IMSA GTP Car’ at the Amelia Island Concours in 2019. Also, of special note is the 1913 Isotta Fraschini Tipo IM.
Vehicles on display for the exhibit include:
1913 Isotta Fraschini Tipo IM
1929 Ford Model A Phaeton
1931 Ford Model A Five-Window Coupe
1956 Willy’s Jeep CJ-3B Fire Truck
1960s Mel Kenyon Midget #61
1961 Cooper Climax T-54
1965 AC Bristol Cobra
1967 AAR Eagle #42
1974 Datsun 510 #18
1974 Carling Black Label McLaren M16C/D IndyCar #73- driven by David Hobbs
1975 McLaren M16E Gatorade #2- driven by Johnny Rutherford
1984 Porsche 962-101 #16
2001 Lola EX-275-MG AER #20
2009-2011 Lola B09/86 #16
"The Saratoga Automobile Museum is honored to showcase these iconic race cars from Rob Dyson’s collection to the community. The Museum thanks Rob and his team for bringing these special vehicles to the Museum. We are certain that these cars will inspire those who come through our door, especially in a time when people need inspiration,” said Carly Connors, executive director. “The Museum will also be following all New York State and CDC COVID-19 regulations to ensure the highest safety for our visitors, staff, and volunteers when we reopen.”
Under New York Forward Phase Four guidelines the Museum is implementing the following safety procedures;
· To allow for physical distancing, total Museum capacity has been reduced to 25 percent.
· Timed admission tickets are available for purchase online and will allow visitors to reserve a specific date and time to enter the Museum, alleviating congestion in the front lobby and throughout the Museum.
· Museum members who receive complimentary admission will be given the opportunity to place their ticket reservation in advance of the general public.
· Walk-In admissions are welcome but will be limited. Please use social distancing when coming to the Museum’s visitor’s entrance.
· Visitors and staff must wear face masks and practice social distancing while in the Museum.
· Increased cleaning and disinfection will take place both within Museum spaces and office areas, while protective clear acrylic shields have been installed at the Museum admission desk and at the check-out counter in the Museum Gift Shop.
· Additionally, staff offices, spaces, and schedules have been adjusted to accommodate physical distancing. All employees and volunteers will be given a health screening assessment each day prior to entering the Museum.
For more information about COVID-19 safety procedures, please visit saratogaautomuseum.org/reopening.
There will be an exhibit preview day for Museum members on Sunday, July 5 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Members tickets are free of charge and are available at http://www.saratogaautomuseum.org.
For more information about the Saratoga Automobile Museum and to reserve and purchase admissions tickets, visit http://www.saratogaautomuseum.org.