I have always been in love with pure classic road racing cars and vintage classics, and then I met an Englishman who told me stories of small, utilitarian vintage English cars that had American engines that dominated the 1/4 mile dragstrips of the 60's. I never was much of a drag racing fan, thinking it too simplistic and rudimentary to be of any real fun or interest.

This discussion expanded my interests into the vintage drag racing area. I realized that the vast majority of the old Anglia's were either destroyed or transformed into hideous personalized street rods. So I located an old 1948 stock coupe and began the recreation of a classic Anglia gasser dragster. The body is currently being grinded, the rust removed, and my Prefect (the four door) parts cars are slowly being cut into usable pieces. The story with visual support will be posted here shortly.

I still love road racing and even the pure, unadulterated version of the old flathead 10Hp Anglias (Populars) and Thames (Fordsons), but to go a quarter mile in around 6 to 7 seconds is a truly life changing experience, especially whilst trying to guide a squirrely 90" wheelbase car in the process.

Views: 13

© 2024   Created by Travis Buckingham and Stephen Page   Powered by Buckingham Creative

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service