I picked up a copy of Vintage Motorsport off the newsstand last week. I used to subscribe, along with a ton of other car mags, but realized a couple of years back that I had large piles of unread magazines cluttering up my study. A function, I guess, of a growing family and too much time at work.

Anyhow…the current issue has an article on the car collection of Tom Malloy. In it I was surprised to see the familiar yellow Lister-Chevy formerly owned by John Harden. Apparently Malloy recently bought it from Harden. Sure looks nice sitting next to Malloy’s Lister-Jag. Hopefully he’ll bring them both out to tracks like Laguna Seca and Road America, where you could always count on seeing Harden getting sideways around corners.

Also in the issue, in the Classifieds, is Lister-Jag BHL 4. I believe the asking price is $475K if anyone has some spare change sitting around. I remember going to a vintage race in the early 80’s and seeing a Lister in the paddock with a For Sale sign on it. If I recall correctly the price was around $35K. I begged my dad but he didn’t bite. Guess I should’ve begged a little harder.

Views: 31

Replies to This Discussion

Pretty interesting Bob. Malloy has a nice cache of vintage racing cars so an extra Lister is probably just what he needed to balance it out. I met Tom several years ago at the Monterey Historics and he had the Lister Jag at the time. I chatted with him for quite some time about it and learned a lot, a very nice guy.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Travis Buckingham and Stephen Page   Powered by Buckingham Creative

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service