***UPDATE***

This excellent and very reasonably priced Scorpion FJ is still for sale. It is a proven and very desirable FJ car, particularly for European enthusiasts. It is quite unusual as 1 of the 9 originally built and 1 of the 6 with its DKW engine. It is quite desirable to organisers of the big vintage-racing events.

Europe in particular features a very active and competitive FJ racing scene and the FiA sponsors the Lurani Trophy Series for these cars. During 2012, there were 7 races in the series, at such prestigious racing circuits as Monza, Hockenheim, Dijon, Brands Hatch, Nurburgring, Red Bull Ring, and Mugello. Some 90 drivers were entered for last year's championship series with over 30 different car manufacturers represented, making for a highly competitive and interesting racing series for both the racers and the spectators alike.

It is 1 of only 9 ever made by Ryetune and 1 of the 6 DKW 2-stroke, 1,100 cc-powered examples built. The engine is the correct and matching numbers 1000S unit, increased to 1,100 cc and as originally fitted by Ryetune. It is stated to be reliable by the owner.

Morris Minor close-ratio, straight-cut gearbox, as originally supplied. Comes with old-style FIA papers and has competed at the Inaugural Monaco Historic GP (driven by the current owner) as well as at 2 subsequent Monaco Historic GP’s. It also competed at the Inaugural Goodwood Revival Meeting as well as 2 subsequent Goodwood Revivals.

Offered complete with with a spare body, body mould, one magnesium wheel and a few DKW engines including an experimental reed-valve engine. This is a very nice and very desirable Formula Junior car that is quite unusual with the DKW engine. Accordingly, it is also very attractive to the organizers of the most prestigious vintage racing events today.

Kindly reply to discuss its pricing and availability.

Views: 898

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi : What is the asking price ? I have 2 formula Fords and a Formula B, but would like to buy a Formula Junior.

Best Regards,

Francisco Mancillas

Hello again, Francisco:

Are you still interested in the Scorpion FJ car?

Best regards,

David Neyens

Hello, Francisco,

We corresponded briefly in June about this car. it is very reasonably priced and the car is a perfect entry for you into the prestigious FIA Lurani Trophy racing series. 

Are you still interested in this Scorpion?

Best,

David Neyens

Ontario, Canada

519-768-0862

davidneyens1@gmail.com

still for sale?
horst

Hello, Horst:

Yes, the Scorpion FJ is still available. If you would like to discuss it further, feel free to send me an email message at davidneyens1@gmail.com. We also have the ex-Frank Williams Racing 1967 Brabham BT21, plus a Cooper Mk 9 500 cc F3 car, Cooper T43 and Cooper T56.

Best Regards,

David Neyens

Hello,

We corresponded briefly in July about this Scorpion. Are you interested in it?

Best regards,

David Neyens

519-768-0862

davidneyens1@gmail.com

David : I bought another Scorpion #005.

Thank You so much to offer your car for sale, I would contact you if someone is interested.

Do you know who has for sale or could build a DKW engine for my Scorpion ?

Best Regards,

Francisco Mancillas

Hi Francisco, 

Thank you for your reply. That is unfortunate, since the car I had offered you came with a proper running DKW (the original one), plus several spare engines including an experimental reed-valve DKW.

Best,

David Neyens

RSS

© 2024   Created by Travis Buckingham and Stephen Page   Powered by Buckingham Creative

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service