One of John Crossle's finest cars was the Crossle 30F and this is a fine example of that marque. This particular car was once owned by Stephen Page and I had the good fortune of driving it in many races during '06 and '07. The engine was freshened by Metcalf Racing in early 2007 and has three race weekends on it since. The car is equipped with Koni shocks, a Ron Davis aluminum radiator which has never let the engine overheat, new drilled brake rotors with Hawke blue pads, an MSD rev limiter, fresh calipers and master cylinders, a custom fiberglass seat which will accommodate most drivers, a fire system and removable wheel, new Apex joints in the shift linkage and a new tach cable and drive tang. In addition the belts are FIA certified and have 3 years usage left, all oil hoses are AN and the car has a new unused 30F nose as well as two 32F noses, one of which is also new. Both spare noses are painted with the same red as the car. This car has been professionally maintained to high standards and won the CVAR open wheel enduro last October. It has run only once since then. It shifts cleanly and crisply and its handling shows no bad habits at all. It just goes where you point it without complaint. It is probably the easiest Formula Ford to drive I have ever been in and has turned a 20.9 at Hallett and a 50.9 at TWS. If you don't know those tracks, THAT'S FAST! If you can drive, you can win in this car!

The owner is asking $18,000 for this fine Crossle Formula Ford. You will not find a better one at any price. Please call me for further information. 214-298-9837 Robert Metcalf

Views: 609

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

is this Crossle still available?

I just sold my Lotus 61 and need to find a replacement.  I need a longer cockpit car (I am 6 ft tall) and have settled on buying a 1981 or earlier Crossle FF.  If you know of one for sale, please let me know.

Regards,

John Greeven

john.greeven@hp.com

John, we sold this car some time ago, but I will keep an eye open for another.

Robert Metcalf

RSS

© 2024   Created by Travis Buckingham and Stephen Page   Powered by Buckingham Creative

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service