I gotta get rid of my overwelming pile o parts. I have been selling my many magnesium wheels and assorted other non sprite stuff. Now for the sprite stuff. Anyone want a fresh real vintage legal serious race engine for a Sprite or the MG clone midget. I built it for my fast car Trixxie. I have been have so much fun racing my 948 bugeye that I don't have anymore need for the really fast(sic big buck) classes. I know it will not turn 9000 plus rpm( will maybe for a little while with the right gear) it does not have Carrillo rods(not really vintage legal) nor does it have a billet crank(not really vintage legal either) or roller rockers(not legal too) or over sized lifters(not legal also) or giant valves, over 1.3"(not legal?) It does have a head that will not be outflowed, and a 300 or so duration with bout 1/2" of lift camshaft with flat top forgeries and all the other racing poop stuff...that IS legal. Price $6000.00?
Basically it is what a vintage Sprite engine is supposed to be....according to the CVAR rules. My guess is it would make my car run a 2.08 or so with me(the crappy driver that I am) behind the wheel in Trixxie....on a good day with the wind behind me at TWS long course
I also have a number of 1275 engines, blocks and heads, rear gears and axles and a lot of other stuff that I will never live long enough to use. Might as well let someone else make some use of it.
You could just give me a call, come by the house and dig around and we could do a deal on the stuff ya want.
I have also been selling my A series alloy crossflow eight port version of Sprite heads and cams to guys around the world that race in a run what ya brung kinda deal.... they are puttin electronic fuel injection on them and haulin butt. I am running out of them but It looks like I will make more. They are not vintage legal...well maybe in the Rocky Mountain group, they seem to have a class for just about anything. The heads do cost enough to be allowed in the Rocky Mountain group (bout 1800 bucks present price) Anyway if ya want some really fast street stuff or you too run in a run what ya brung deal and you race something with a-series engine, this is the head for you.
Cheers
Roger (radiocarbon dated) Williams
Coelacanth Racing

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you the Roger Williams from England who write V8 books?
That question has been asked many times. No I am the Sprite guy from Texas....If it makes any difference I am of Welsh roots.
Cheers
Roger

RSS

© 2024   Created by Travis Buckingham and Stephen Page   Powered by Buckingham Creative

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service